Snow Plowing Helpful Hints
- Village Snow Plow trucks will be dispatched for 2 inches snow and/or ice accumulation
- No parking on Village streets after or during a 2 inch snow
- When plowing or shoveling driveways please do not push snow on to the street
- When following behind snowplows please stay back at least a car length
- Plow trucks back up frequently at intersections, so please stay back since the driverís visibility is limited
- If you donít need to be out in a snowstorm please stay home
- Snowmobiles and four-wheelers are not allowed on the street
- Walking, jogging or cross-country skiing should not be done on the street. You might not be visible to the snowplow operators.
- Landscaping should not be placed close to the road edges
- Please make sure your garbage cans are off the street and keep all other
structures such as basketball hoops and trailers off the street.
- Be patient and understanding
Village of Germantown Hills Illinois Staff